Coated, Stranded Copper Conductors
B Strand Screen
Okoguard is Okonite's registered trade name for its exclusive ethylene-propylene
base, thermosetting compound, whose optimum balance of electrical and physical properties is unequaled in other solid dielectrics.
This durable Okoguard insulation serves as a jacket as well. It is
permanently embossed with a legend and has a natural, highly visible,
Okoguard Portable Jumper cables are designed as flexible power leads for use with tap-off or jumper clamps which permit temporary connections
or "by-pass" of energized aerial lines operating at voltages up to and
including 15000V (phase to phase).
Power Conductors: Extra-flexible rope tin coated copper per ASTM B-33,
flexible rope stranded.
Conductor Screen: A taped conductive screen, whose purpose is to improve
service life, dielectric strength and eliminate internal corona, meets and exceeds ICEA Standard S-96-639.
Insulation: Okoguard meets and exceeds ICEA Standard S-93-639.
- Extra-flexible conductors for ease of handling under adverse conditions.
- Conductor screen for improved voltage stress control.
- Heat, moisture and ozone resistant 90°C Okoguard Insulation/Jacket.
- Okoguard is red for visual attention and it has good color stability even when exposed to strong sunlight.
- Excellent low temperature properties.